Monday, May 24, 2010

A Day's Work

For our family, Saturday typically means a 'work day.'
This work day was a centered around making freezer meals.
Eldon got busy on the grill, making spicy pulled pork. Jacob made up a game of 'catch-the-shopping-bag-on a windy-day.'
I'd say that's hard work...wouldn't you? (wink)
Hannah is scooping a bazillion meatballs.


All three kids gathering ingredients for Quaker Garden Meatloaf. Yum!

Check out the fruits of our labors...


109 Meals total in one day!
21 Pulled Pork
24 Meatloaf
27 Meatballs
20 Taco Meat
16 Chili
1 Pancake

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOW! Very impressive and inspiring! I think Jacob had the right idea.

Shelli said...

Wow! Do you do this often? Pretty amazing, but I'm sure it's worth the effort, AND you made the effort look fun! MMMM, I love pulled pork.

Steph said...

We do freezer meals once every few months or so...we make different dishes each time, or if I'm in the mood for Chicken noodle soup one night for dinner, I make lots and freeze the extras in Freezer Bags. Then it's no more difficult than making one meal. There have definately been trial and error stories...but it is worth it. We do have fun with it...we blast the radio. :oP

Rach said...

Love it!!! You'll have to tell me your secrets!