Thursday, November 12, 2009

SURPRISE TO ME!


I am totally excited!
My hubby called some professional peeps to come hang Christmas lights this year...

It's always been a mutual understanding in our marriage that if I'm not willing to risk the health of my neck by going up on the roof, that he shouldn't be expected to risk his either.
.
Fair enough.
That agreement has alway worked well for us.

I simply purchased some candles for the windows and have been quite happy...

But deep inside, I get so excited for Christmas lights...
I am such a kid about these things.

So the surprise Eldon gave me of having lights hung be a third party willing to risk their neck on my behalf is SOOO stinkin' great!!!

You will see our display next week....
OOOOH, I can't wait!
.
(I'm not skipping Thanksgiving...
But for now and today, Its all Christmas.
So no dis-ing, please.)

7 comments:

Shelli said...

I love it and am SO excited for you! Just this morning I turned to Trev and told him I saw some people hanging Christmas lights yesterday (while it is still warm). He quickly pulled the covers over his head and groaned really loud. So I get your joy!

Rach said...

haha! Dave hung Christmas lights when he worked for a landscaper, he said it wasn't too bad.

I'm glad you get to have fantastic Christmas lights this year!

hatch said...

That is awesome! I love the concept of having someone else hang your light for you! No worries! Enjoy!

Rochelle said...

awww, I love Christmas lights!

I have joined the early bandwagon and have Christmas already out. This is the first time ever I have put Christmas up before we carved the bird. But I don't want to put it all out to only put it away in 3 weeks. BLECH.
I can't wait to drive by and check those bad boys out!

Elizabeth C said...

That is fabulous that Eldon is having a professional come and hang lights. You'll have to take a pic for your blog, so we can see! :)

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I can't wait for Christmas lights. I love the Christmas holiday. You are lucky to have been given such a great gift.

Mommy Crafts said...

Okay! Christmas is over and never saw what your house looked like...so post pictures!! I want to see, I love Christmas Lights.