Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer's Over???

I'll miss you SUMMER!
Here are a few fun memories of our big summer events I was able to capture with my camera...

We started out by flying to Vegas where we took the kids to see the very entertaining Blue Man Group. It was WAY better than I thought it would be.

Then we flew to Ohio to visit my family.

Eldon and I were able to attend
my grandmother's Financial Peace University Graduation. (GO GRANDMA!)
(If you don't know what that is check out http://www.daveramsey.com/, it'll change your life.)
My favorite part of visiting Ohio is hanging out with my cousins.
I used to love Donatos pizza, but with our last stop...I'll pass in the future.
We spent a bit of time at Gameworks where even Hannah and my mom had a blast!

Elijah napped about everywhere we went...here he is on the floor in the middle of the mall.

Old Man's Cave was a major highlight! We took in the stunning sites!

And we enjoyed amazing trails.
And the people were so friendly and they had the cutest southern accents.
I love that.
I wish I could have bought one of those accents for myself as a souvenir.
I'll keep my teeth, though. :o)
Just look at it!
Jacob was right in the middle of the firework action at my family's 4th of July BBQ.
My family is smaller than Eldon's family...you'll see.
We visited this home where my grandpa was raised. My uncle lives here today.
The best part is that up on the steep hill behind, there is a family cemetary where generations of my paternal ancestors are buried.
This revolutionary public toilet and I met in Illinois...I'm a fan.
If a public toilet is all you've got, I hope it's this kind.
The seat liner automatically rotates and disposes with every flush.
We met Eldon's parents and siblings in Nauvoo.
Where Eldon learned to dance the pioneer way...with a real life pioneer.
Then, we enjoyed more family at the annual Monson Family Reunion.
We didn't have to travel very far this time...my house.
Water Fun!
A bit of Shade!
Scavenger Hunt!
Water Balloons!
Talent Shows and Education!
YUMMY SNOW CONES!
Over 100 family members in one place... did I mention it was at my house?
For 3 days...
We lived to tell about our adventurous summer...
and now it's time for school to begin on Monday...
my, how time does fly.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Can't believe summer is over. I love your pictures, it looks like such a fun place to visit. You are looking so cute Stephanie!!

Annette Rose said...

Glad you are back! Sounds like you had a fun summer! Is Elijah as tall as you yet? It looks like he's awfully close! Yay for school and fall though!

Steph said...

Elijah is as tall as me...he is enjoying every millimeter of it, too!