Monday, April 13, 2009

2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt 2009

This year Eldon and I hosted another big Easter Egg Hunt. We had over 2000 eggs all over our yard and about 90 to 100 kids to hunt them all. It was great to see everyone here and even better to see the kids have so much fun! The most sought after egg had $20 in it. Other popular finds smaller dollar amounts, glitter goo eggs, bouncy balls and of course candy!
Following the hunt, we visited with family that was visiting from out of town. Then I finished preparing for a talk I gave in church the next day on "traditions." Then we came back home to host a big Easter dinner for about 30 people, 21 0f them were children. Thank goodness for yards to play in.

All in all, we had a great Easter holiday!

If any of you have more pics of the Easter Egg Hunt, I would love for you to share them with me. Camera troubles...:o)



8 comments:

StaceyOstler said...

What in the heck are you doing up so late?

Looks like a cute Easter post. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Dan has me working like a mad woman.

Steph said...

Stacy, looks like you were up a bit later than I was. What does Dan have you working so hard on? For me, the kids went to bed a bit late, then I watched Celebrity Apprentice which was 2 hours, then I checked and replied to my emails; a friend had sent some Easter Hunt pics and I was super excited, so I posted them and once you get onto the blogging, you have to check out the ones you haven't seen in a while...that's my story. :0)

Mandy Cheney said...

It looks like nothing is ever boring around your home. Looks like you all had a great time. You're so brave I don't think I would even imagine doing this:)

Shannon said...

The kids said it was the "funnest" Easter egg hunt ever! I appreciate your family's generosity and service. We had a great time, thanks!

Annette Rose said...

Holy Crap! That is a ton of eggs. And a ton of kids! WOW! That is awesome. Is this a yearly tradition? What a fun thing to do for everyone. You are awesome to get it together! Who got the $20?

Steph said...

Annette, you were so totally invited, I posted an invite on FB,because I ran out of time to call everyone. It is absolutely a yearly tradition, so you should bring your troops next year. I'll do it at 1:00 the day before Easter. Porter Lewis got the big prize.

Elizabeth C said...

You guys are so amazing! We had so much fun there with you!! Thanks for the invite!

Shelli said...

I think it's so cool you guys do this! You are one busy lady! Sorry we missed it, our Saturday was crazy full. I also missed your talk, but have heard from others how awesome it was.