















Eldon and I took the kids on an adventure packed trip just before school started. Our first stop was the Historic Copper Creek Inn near Mount Rainer. We stayed in an adorable cabin with an old style fireplace, and a new style hot tub in our private yard with a deck and gas grill. It was fun to learn the history behind the Inn. After two meals in the diner and a restfull night's sleep we headed for Mt. Rainer, National Park. It was quite a drive; curvy roads surrounded by enormous trees all around us, and surprising splashes of color provided by the abundant wild flowers. I was so impressed by the flowers that I decided to take pictures of them that I can display in my home. (I haven't fiqured ot the best way to do this yet, but I will!) Jacob could have hiked all day. It is much different than the Tri-Cities. We look forward to visiting the mountain again soon. Oh, and I should probably explain the HUGE snail Elijah is holding. He found it near the cabin we stayed in and he kept it for a pet. He named it Gary, just like Spongebob's pet snail. Elijah loved that snail. Unfortunately Gary got lost. Elijah thinks he is still in the van somewhere. Nice, huh?




2 comments:
My family does a hike on Mt Rainier annually (since 1988?). It is such a beautiful place to be, I'm glad that you guys got to enjoy it.
we went to mt.rainier three times and it was awesome. posted by Jacob
Post a Comment