Wednesday, September 5, 2007

American Idol and Whimsical Art















On our way out of Mt Rainer, We stumbled across a bizarre estate open to the public. It was filled with huge sculptures of iron and wood. We wandered around the property for at least an hour amazed at the creativity of the creator. The out house was adorable, it had stained glass and a porch, magazines, two stalls and a urinal. I couldn't figure out how to turn the picture of Jacob and the stick monstor upright, but that was my favorite "attraction." The artist has a sign in table to greet the visitors who stop to see his creations. In a frame above the sign in book is a framed rejection letter from the Seattle Museum of Art. Apparently, they felt his work was a bit too "Whimsical" for the museum. I say it's too bad. My family loved his work!
After leaving here, we headed for Tacoma for the American Idol Concert. We are all big fans of Blake. We love watching him perform, and I think given the opportunity to see him again, we will be there. Jacob was overwhelmed by the concert a bit, so we left during intermisson. That was okay though, we saw the best part...


2 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That is cool that you are such a fan of A.I., I probably would be but we don't have cable, and don't get that channel, so we don't get to watch much television.

Steph said...

If ever you are in the market for more channels, consider satelite. We prefer this because we can block channels and have DVR so that we can skip commercials. We love it! Probably too much! :oD