Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our New Home




We are excited to say that we are well underway with the building of our new home. The project should be complete in 3-4 months. We are going out in the boonies a bit (outside the Kennewick city limits and into the county, but only 8 minutes from a major intersection of town). This allows us to house our businesses on our 2 acre home site. Many of you know that Eldon and I established Monson Financial in March of '06, we are also keeping busy establishing the brand for a new construction company, Dove Contracting Homes, were I was hired as the Sales and Marketing Director, Eldon works closely with the owner and I as a consultant. This is the company building our new home. You can check out these websites, but the Dove site is still under constuction.(http://www.dovecontractinghomes.com/, http://www.monsonfinancial.net/). Once we are moved in, our office hours will follow the kids' school schedule (8:00am-3:30pm M-F) This way, we will get to spend more time with them. There is a seperate entrance for our office, so it will be completely divided from our home, you can see it on the back side of the home. I'll keep you posted on our progress. We look forward to having you all over for a visit! I'm now accepting reservations for the guest room...






5 comments:

Angela said...

Wow guys! That is so awesome! Congratulations!!!

Elizabeth C said...

THAT IS SOOO MUCH FUN!!! ARE YOU DESIGNING IT YOURSELVES? WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DESIGNING OUR OWN HOUSE PLANS TO BUILD OUR FIRST HOME (THIS IS WHAT MY HUBBY DOES FOR A LIVING) AND WE WILL BE STARTING PROBABLY THIS NEXT SPRING. WE ARE PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT IT! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN!! EXCITING!

Elizabeth C said...

AND TWO ACRES SOUNDS LIKE FUN! THAT IS SOOOOO NICE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WORK AT HOME! SO NICE FOR YOUR FAMILY!

Karla Cheney said...

I'll bet you can hardly wait to move in. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful home with lots of room and to be able to work from your home will be so great too.

Steph said...

Karla, We are excited! The completion date is set for Sept 15th (the last I checked.) I can hardly wait to be settled in the new place.
Elizabeth, I took a plan and redesigned the entire 1st floor. It's pretty fun to work so closely with the builder to be able to change things and make design choices for both my home and all future building projects. I enjoy my role very much. I can't wait to see the plan you have designed. The two acres are something we weren't sure we would be excited about, but yesterday Eldon and I went to the sporting goods store to select a basketball hoop to install. Eldon was getting pretty excited about having the room on our property for frisbee golf among other things (he loved the isle of yard games!). I think 2 acres will be nice for play value.:o)